Grilled Zucchini, Garlic Scapes, & Green Onions [wfpb, vegan, csa]
Our CSA has been incredibly bountiful with greens this spring. From romaine and leafy lettuce to garlic scapes and zucchini, we have been receiving enjoyable shares. This week we decided to grill up the veggies and serve them over cashew cream pasta with grilled tempeh and chimichurri.
This meal is multi-step but relatively easy. We marinated the tempeh using a recipe from The Vegetarian Cookbook from America’s Test Kitchen, get it here. The Chimichurri recipe (parsley sauce) was from that cookbook as well. We tossed the fettucini in Dr. McDougall’s Absolutely Famous No Butter Sauce from his website Dr. McDougall’s Site. We grilled the zucchini, garlic scapes, and green onions on the grill alongside the marinated tempeh.
- Pasta (we used fettucini) – cook according to package instructions
- 2 packages of tempeh – marinated for at least an hour in a vinegar, garlic, and oregano marinade
- Chimichurri Dressing (we used our CSA parsley)
- 3 zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- Garlic Scapes
- Green Onions
- Dr. McDougall’s Absolutely Famous No Butter Sauce
We plated it up and enjoyed it. It was quick, easy, and delicious! Living VegInspired is fantastic. Grab your favorite veggies and head out to the grill!