Pasta with Broccoli Rabe, Beans, and Cashew Butter Sauce
As part of eliminating oil from our meals, we have, in turn, reduced our intake of vegan butter. We found this great “no butter” sauce on Dr. McDougall’s site and thought we’d give it a try in a pasta dish with some fresh broccoli rabe from the farmers’ market. Broccoli rabe has a strong flavor, and this sauce worked perfectly as a pairing. It is safe to say that this sauce would be a great accompaniment to any pasta and veggie meal. We have been brainstorming additional uses for it since we made it. It is that good!! This dish was similar to a buttery pasta dish from my childhood, so it gave me some nostalgia and some healthy, VegInspired eats.
Vegan Pasta with Broccoli Rabe, Beans, and Cashew Butter Sauce
Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Beans with Cashew Butter Sauce
Creamy pasta without the guilt!
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
- 1 batch broccoli rabe, chopped
- 1 14 oz can navy or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
Cashew Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend sauce ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth. This can be done just before serving.
- Start pasta.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli rabe in a large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes, and cook until garlic is fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 C pasta water, cover, and cook over medium heat until broccoli rabe is tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add everything to the pasta, toss, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with nutritional yeast or homemade vegan Parmesan.
Other veggies we'd suggest for this, in case you can't find broccoli rabe, are: Broccoli, Red peppers, or Mushrooms
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Let us know if you try another variation. #veginspiredfoodie on Instagram so we can see your versions!