Kale & Kamut Salad
Kale & Kamut Salad – the perfect seasonal dish!
Hearty, fallish, and healthy! I know what you are thinking because I am thinking it too! Stuffed on cozy comfort foods and pies, oh so many pies, that you want a healthy and seasonal dish that makes you feel cozy inside and guilt free! Enter this delicious Kale & Kamut Salad! Grains, greens, vegetables, and an oil-free dressing, can you get any healthier? Perfect for those farmer’s market finds of winter kale and squash!
You might be wondering, “what is kamut?” Well, it is a hearty wheat grain that has a chewy mouthfeel and a nutty, wheaty flavor. It’s not gluten-free, but you could certainly substitute a gluten-free grain like sorghum, millet or quinoa.
Kale & Kamut Salad
Healthy, seasonal, and cozy! Grab the ingredients and let’s get tossing – ya know, tossing the salad! 🙂
- 1 cup Kamut (Cooked according to package instructions)
- 1 bunch kale (massaged or soaked in hot water for 10 minutes (to soften))
- 1 butternut squash (1″ cubes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan honey or agave or maple syrup
- tahini (roughly 1/4 cup)
- pomegranate seeds
- dukkah (we use the recipe from Vegan for Everybody cookbook)
- pumpkin/pepita seeds
- hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roast squash on parchment paper in 400-degree oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes
- Mix orange juice, vinegar, and sweetener in a glass measuring cup (1 cup or larger) whisk in tahini to the 1 cup line (so you have a total of 1 cup of dressing) or until desired consistency
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Serve with desired toppings.
Are you whipping this up in your kitchen? Be sure to snap a pic and share on social media #veginspiredfoodie
We’d love to know what you think of this salad, drop us a message in the comment below.
Until next time,
Eat more Plants & Live VegInspired!