Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I don’t know what you do on a 95-degree day, but I felt it was necessary to test some baking recipes. We had some very ripe bananas, and I had a craving for something sweet, so Chocolate Chip Banana Bread was born. I am notorious for baking disasters, from dropping the entire container of flour on the ground to leaving out an entire critical ingredient. The banana bread and the kitchen survived my recipe testing this time.
I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I did. Vegan baking is so much fun! As always, stay VegInspired and tag us on Instagram @veginspired or #veginspiredfoodie. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
6 tbsp of water
2 tbsp ground flax
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Very Ripe Mashed Bananas
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Vegan Sour Cream (check ingredients for oil-free option)
6 tbsp Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Boil the 6 T of water and then add the 2T of ground flax, reduce the heat, and simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl
- Whisk Bananas, sour cream Applesauce, Vanilla, and Flax mixture in a medium bowl
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- The mixture will be clumpy but should be mixed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with crumbles or clean. Rotate halfway through.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cool for 1 hour before serving.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Eat more Plants!