S’mores Cookies – Vegan
Let me start by asking, who else loves s’mores? Gooey and toasty marshmallows that get all crispy, paired with rich, melty, and oozy chocolate, atop a (fresh) graham cracker… YES! Start that campfire right now! Now you can make Vegan S’mores Cookies right in your kitchen!
Vegan S’mores Cookies?!
We partnered with our friends at OXO to bring you a veganized version of Marc Murphy’s S
In this case a simple swap to vegan butter, vegan chocolate chips, and vegan marshmallows produced tasty cookies that were devoured by us and our family in just two days! The cookies reminded me of campfire s’mores and were simple to recreate in our RV Kitchen! I’m happy I have the ingredients on hand all the time so I can make a second batch soon!
Oxo and the Cookies for Kids Cancer Project
Oxo will be donating $100 for each social post and $5 for each hashtag #oxobetter and #oxogoodcookies (up to $100,000) to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. So let’s get baking!
Oxo was kind enough to send us this 8 piece POP container Baking Set to help us with our baking! This was a real treat, as it is the perfect size for our RV Pantry. The containers are airtight and stackable, so we save space and keep our ingredients fresh and organized. And I love the brown sugar saver and the two scoops that secure right under the lid – they won’t get lost while we tow our home down the road. The perfect space saving, pantry organizing set. (And I should mention, they are dishwasher safe… but we don’t have a dishwasher, so I can tell you that they are easy to hand wash too)!
Marc’s recipe was super easy to follow and very easy to make. To make it vegan, we swapped a few ingredients for equal parts of their vegan counterparts. We used Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread, Dandies Mini Marshmallows, and vegan Chocolate Chips (like the new Tollhouse Simply Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life Morsels). We used a honey-free graham cracker and crumbled them up to get the graham cracker crumbs- it worked perfectly. Lastly, we had to figure out that egg – we love using the flax & water mixture that we simmer (like in our
They were nice and crispy, yet soft with the perfect ratio of chocolate to
Vegan S’mores Cookies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, (we used brown, but golden would blend in better)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup graham crack crumbs, (check the ingredients for honey free brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar, (we use whole foods brand - not all white sugar is vegan)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dandies mini marshmallows
- In small sauce pan, bring flax and water to simmer, simmer until goopy, set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F convection oven); position the rack in the middle of the oven. Line three rimmed baking sheets with baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together with the back of a wooden spoon (can also use paddle attachment of stand mixer or hand mixer).
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together the flax mixture, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the flax mixture to the whipped butter-sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop golf ball–sized balls of the dough and place them on the prepared pans, leaving 2 inches between the cookies on all sides. (You should be able to fit 6 cookies on each half-sheet at a time - they will spread.) Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the cookies start to spread. Remove the pans from the oven and place 4 marshmallows on top of each cookie, gently pressing them into the dough.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the cookies are golden and set around the edges and still a little soft in the center. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store the cookies at room temperature in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
This recipe is adapted from the S'mores Cookies Recipe by Marc Murphy
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
A huge thank you to Oxo for this opportunity to enjoy great cookies while giving back!
Cheers from the campfire!