Texas Caviar [vegan, wfpb]
The Texas Caviar is great with crackers, tortilla chips, bruschetta, and crostini. As a staple at our family picnics and parties, we knew we had to create one that was oil-free and healthy! Enter xantham gum! Wahoo – a little powder that packs a serious punch of viscosity! Easy and quick to make and a surefire hit at every party.
Watch our quick how-to video.
- 2 14 oz cans black-eyed peas
- 1 14 oz can corn
- 1 4 oz jar pimentos
- 1/2 C banana peppers or pepperoncini (finely chopped)
- 6 scallions (sliced thin)
- 1 celery rib (finely diced)
- 1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 3 T sugar (or sweetner of choice)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (if you want to omit, use less liquid)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt & pepper
- Whisk the xanthan gum and sugar until combined. Whisk in the vinegar and garlic. Microwave or let sit to dissolve sugar.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl with the dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
Snap a pic of your creation and share to social media! #veginspiredfoodie