Quinoa Salad Bowl with Orange-Tahini Dressing
This dish was inspired by a very delicious meal at the Sentient Bean Cafe in Savannah, Georgia, which we visited while on vacation. Full of savory quinoa, vegetables and dressed with a sweet and tangy tahini sauce. This bowl does not disappoint. Enjoy!
Quinoa Salad Bowl with Orange Tahini Dressing Recipe
- 3 C cooked quinoa, cooked in veggie broth if desired
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 14 oz can great northern or other white beans
- Spinach, or your favorite greens
- Avocado, sliced or diced
- Red bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 2 tablepoon soy sauce
- 1 tablepoon agave syrup
- 1-2 tablepoon of raw sunflower seed
- Orange Tahini Dressing, see below
- Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, and agave syrup until combined.
- Stir into tempeh and marinate for an hour.
- Sauté the tempeh in a nonstick pan over medium heat until browned.
- Mix the quinoa, beans, and tempeh. Serve piled high on a bed of spinach and top with dressing, sunflower seeds, pepper, and avocado
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- 1/4 C freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 C tahini
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Whisk until combined.
This recipe for a Quinoa Salad Bowl with Orange Tahini Dressing was top-notch! We have found these types of salad bowls to be a fun way to eat our starches and greens. This combination was perfect. We hope this recipe leaves you VegInspired.
Comment below and let us know how you like it.
Kathy & John